Rani Yellow Mustard Seeds Whole Spice 3oz (85g) ~ All Natural | Vegan | Gluten Free Ingredients | NON-GMO | Indian Origin
Product Type: Whole Seeds
Packaging: Plastic Jar / Bag
Product of India
Ingredients: Yellow Mustard Seeds
- You'll LOVE our Yellow Mustard Seeds by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- ❤️100% Natural, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- ❤️Packed in a no barrier Plastic Jar / Plastic Bag, let us tell you how important that is when using this, potent of all Indian Spices!
- ❤️Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- ❤️Authentic Indian Product, Product of India, Alternative Name: (Indian) Pili Sarson
Mustard seeds belong to the mustard plant. Mustard plant is a part of cruciferous plant family. This same family of plant includes cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and even cauliflower.
- 100% Natural, Non-GMO, Non-ETO (Not irradiated)
- No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly, PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- Authentic Indian Product
- Alternate Names: Pili Sarson
- Our Rani Yellow Mustard Seeds is available in Poly Bag and PET Jar.
You'll LOVE our Yellow Mustard Seeds by Rani Brand--Here's Why
A little spice history
There are 3 main verities of mustard seeds yellow, brown and black grown in India. The seeds of the plant are the spice. Yellow mustard seeds are pale tan in color have a smooth finish. The Seeds have a sharp nutty flavor that adds heat to any dish. The plant has beautiful bright yellow flowers that can be seen miles away when in bloom.
Culinary Uses of Yellow Mustard Seeds:
- Add a teaspoon or two of whole mustard seeds to make salad dressings, pickle or sauces.
- Roast mustard seeds in warm oil for few seconds for making curries, soups and casserole to release the natural flavours.
- Add a few teaspoon of whole mustard seeds in the dough for making savoury breads
- Crush few mustard seeds and add with other spices to make spice rubs and marinades.
- Used to temper the yellow makhani dal and steamed rice.
- Mix the grounded paste of mustard seeds, honey and little bit of olive oil to make the delicious dipping sauce.
- Yellow mustard seeds are specially made to make home made mustard condiment by mixing them with vinegar, water or wine