Rani Tukmaria (Natural Holy Basil Seeds) 14oz (400g) Used for Falooda / Sabja Dessert, Spice & Ayurveda Herbal ~ Gluten Friendly | NON-GMO | Vegan
Product Type: Whole
Packaging: Plastic Bag
Net Wt. 14oz (400g)
Product of India
Ingredients: Natural Holy Basil Seeds
- You'll LOVE our Tukmaria (Basil Seeds) by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- ❤️100% Natural, No preservatives or "fillers" & Great Health Benefits
- ❤️Packed in a no barrier Plastic Bag, let us tell you how important that is when using high quality Indian Spices! Packed in a no barrier Plastic Bag, let us tell you how important that is when using high quality seeds!
- ❤️Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- ❤️Net Wt. 14oz (400g), Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: ⭐Basil Seeds, ⭐Takmaria, ⭐Tukmaria, ⭐Tulsi
You'll LOVE our Tukmaria by Rani Brand--Here's Why
Holy / Sacred Basil Seeds (Sabja, Sweet Basil Seeds)
Tukmaria are also known as basil seeds. The basil plant has a strong, pungent and sweet aroma. Basil is usually added at the last moment when cooking because adding it too soon can destroy the flavor. The seeds, tukmaria are used in Asian drinks and desserts (Falooda). They are used after soaked in water, hey have the ability to soak up water to create a jelly rather like tapioca. Reputed to have cooling properties in ayurveda, they are also used to flavorlessly thicken drinks and desserts.
- No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- 100% Natural, Non-GMO.
- Non-ETO (Not irradiated)
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years.
- Pure! NO Salt, NO MSG, NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of production) usually sodium or like product.
- Authentic Indian Product (Product of India) Alternate Names: Holy / Sacred Basil Seeds (Sabja, Sweet Basil Seeds)
- Used both as a spice & ayurvedic properties
Common uses for Basil Seeds:
- smoothies, lemonade and other drinks
- salad dressings
- yogurt, pudding
- hot cereal like oatmeal
- whole-grain pancakes
- whole-grain pasta dishes
- bread and muffins
Easy to use
To soak basil seeds, add 8 ounces (237 ml or 1 cup) of water per 1 tablespoon (13 grams or 0.5 ounces) of basil seeds.
Use more water if desired, as the seeds only absorb as much as needed. Using too little water may cause the seeds to clump as they hydrate.
Let the seeds soak for about 15 minutes. As the seeds swell, they approximately triple in size. Additionally, the gel-like outer portion turns gray.
The center of a soaked basil seed remains black. This part has a light crunch when you chew it — similar to tapioca.
Strain the soaked basil seeds and add them to your recipe. If a recipe contains a lot of liquid, such as soup, pre-soaking is unnecessary.