Rani Toor Dal (Split Pigeon Peas) Oily 4lbs (64oz) ~ All Natural | Gluten Free Ingredients | NON-GMO | Vegan | Indian Origin
Packaging: Plastic Bag
Net Wt. 4lbs (64oz)
Product of India
- You'll LOVE our Toor Dal Oily by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- 🥘100% Natural, No preservatives or "fillers" & Great Health Benefits
- 🥘Great source of natural protein, ideal for vegetarians & vegans.
- 🥘Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- 🥘Net Wt. 4lbs (64oz), Alternate Names: Toor Dal Oily
You'll LOVE our Toor Dal Oily by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
Alternative Names: Toor Dal, Tuvar dal, Arhar dal, Split pigeon pea, Tovar dal, Tur dal, Thuvaram paruppu, Kandhi pappu
Toor dal OILY is ideal if you are planning to store it for a longer period, as the oil works as a natural preservative and protects the dal from getting infested.
Skinned and split Toor Dal is also known as pigeon peas. It is a major source of protein and many other nutrients for vegetarians. It is the most widely-used form of lentil. Popular recipes like South India sambhar, Gujarati dals, the famous puran poli and lots of other tasty Indian dishes are made using toor dal.
Toor dal has a thick gelatinous or meaty consistency, and takes a little longer to cook than moong or masoor dal.
Toor dal with a mild flavour melds well with any ingredient and flavour, which is commonly used in making dal, sambar, rasam, soups, dal halwa, paruppu vada.
Culinary Uses of Toor Dal:
- Combine it with rice for a rich in protein meal.
- Boiled Toor dal, seasoned with spices and a traditional tempering, makes a great dal to accompany rotis or rice.
- It used to make the delicious south Indian sambhar, together with tamarind pulp, vegetables and spice
- Used to make Gujarati dal, a sweet and sour version made with Toor dal, jaggery and tomatoes.
- 100% Natural (No Preservatives)
- Gluten Friendly
- Non-ETO (not irradiated)
- Rani Toor Dal Oily can be bought in Poly Bags
- Our Pigeon Peas is available in Whole, Dal, and Oily forms...
- Authentic Indian Product