Rani Phool Makhana (Fox Nut / Popped Lotus Seed) 14oz (400g) ~ Plain Raw Uncooked | ~ All Natural | Vegan | No Colors | Gluten Friendly | NON-GMO | Indian Origin
Rani Phool Makhana: is fox nut it is also known as Makhana, Phool Makhana, lotus seeds, Gorgon nut, Euryale Ferox . The plant fox nut belongs to the family Nymphaeaceae. It grows in water and is found in India, Korea, China, Japan and Russia. In India, it is popularly known as makhana. This is a native Asian water plant and is mainly cultivated for its edible seeds. They look like popcorn. They are the edible seeds of lotus flower which can be roasted or fried. These are used in many dishes of India. They are also considered as very pious food and used in many rituals. Along with this they are also highly beneficial in terms of nutritional values. For geographical and climatic reason Bihar in India is the heaven for Makhana Production. Around 63% of the total Makhana production comes from Bihar. Makhana is superior to dry fruits such as almonds, walnut, coconut and cashewnut in term of sugar, protein, ascorbic acid and phenol content.
HEALTH AND NUTRITIONAL IMPORTANCE: These seeds are low in saturated fats, sodium and cholesterol and are high in magnesium potassium and phosphorus. It contains 9.7% easily digestible protein, 76% carbohydrate, 12.8% moisture, 0.1% fat, 0.5% total minerals, 0.9% phosphorus & 1.4%mg iron/100gm. It also contains useful medicinal properties are as follows: It is high in fiber, so it helps to avoid constipation. They help the body to remove the waste and thus prevent the accumulation of toxins. Due to its astringent property, it is helpful in diarrhea and helps in improving appetite. It contains flavonoids which are antioxidants and reverse the adverse effects of free radicals in the body. They also prevent the inflammations in the body.
- Product of India Alternative Name: Fox Nut / Popped Lotus Seed
- Packaging: Poly Bag Product Type: Whole / Popcorn
- Ingredients: Popped Lotus Seed (Foxnut)