Rani Moong Whole (Ideal for cooking & sprouting, Whole Mung Beans with skin) Indian Lentils, 32oz (2lbs) 908g ~ All Natural | NON-GMO
Product Type: Whole
Packaging: Plastic Bag
Net Wt. 32oz (2lbs) 908g
Product of India
Ingredients: Moong Whole (Mung Beans with skin)
- You'll LOVE our Moong Whole by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- 🌱100% Natural, No preservatives or "fillers" & Great Health Benefits
- 🌱Great source of natural protein, ideal for vegetarians & vegans.
- 🌱Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- 🌱Net Wt. 32oz (2lbs) 908g, Alternate Names: Green Gram Whole
You'll LOVE our Moong Whole by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
Green Gram Whole
The Moong Bean alternatively known as the green gram, maash, or mung, is a plant species in the legume family. The mung bean is mainly cultivated in East Asia, Southeast Asia and Indian subcontinent. It is used as an ingredient in both savory and sweet dishes.
The mung bean is a plant that completes its life cycle, from germination to the production of seeds, within one year, and then dies also called as Annual Plant.
Special Note: 100% of beans DO NOT SPROUT, that has nothing to do with our beans but the nature of mung beans
- 100% Natural (No Preservatives)
- Gluten Friendly
- Non-ETO (not irradiated)
- 100% Vegan
- Packed in a no barrier Poly Bag
- Moong Whole is rich in protein and a staple food in India and main source of protein for vegetarians
To Sprout the Beans
- Soak the Rani Moong Beans overnight,
- Put them in a cloth (make sure air get passed from cloth) ,hang them on a hook, and keep spraying water after every 3-4 hour (make sure beans doesn't get dry) until beans get sprouted.
To Make Dal/Lentils
- Soak the Beans overnight or at least 4-5 hours before you start boiling
- In a Pressure Cooker Boil the Rani Moong Beans at least for 35-40 minutes, after boiling them properly use Rani's Spices, Like Rani Garam Masala, Rani Asafetida to make your Dal/ Lentil more delicious. (for more details see the recipe below)