Rani Kalonji (Black Seed, Nigella Sativa, Black Cumin) Seeds 3oz (85g) PET Jar, All Natural ~ Gluten Free Ingredients | NON-GMO | Vegan | Indian Origin
Product Type: Seeds
Packaging: Plastic Jar / Poly Bag
Product of India
Ingredients: Kalonji (Nigella) Seeds
- You'll LOVE our Kalonji (Nigella) Seeds by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- ❤️️ 100% Natural, No preservatives, Additives or Colors, All Natural, Non-GMO, Gluten Friendly, PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- ❤️️Packed in a no barrier Plastic Bag, let us tell you how important that is when handling Indian Spices!
- ❤️️Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- ❤️️Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: Nigella, Kalongi (Hindi)
The seeds are about the same size as sesame seeds, though they have a more triangular instead of oval shape. Apart from being a wonderful medicine, kalonji is a superb spice, used to flavour a variety of traditional dishes including pickles.
- 100% Natural
- Gluten Friendly
- Non-ETO (Not irradiated)
- Our Rani Kalonji Seeds is available in Poly Bag and PET Jar.
You'll LOVE our Kalonji Seeds by Rani Brand--Here's Why
Also known as the "seed of blessing"
Kalonji (sometimes spelled Kaloonji or Kalongi), better known as Nigella Seeds (and/or Onion Seeds), Black Seed, Nigella Sativa, Black Cumin... Indigenous to Western Asia, Southern Europe and the Middle East, nigell is most widely cultivated in India. Often refereed to as onion seeds, kalongi is both nutty and slightly bitter in flavor. The whole seeds are used in pulses, vegetables, chutneys and naan breads, often dry roasted before being added to a dish.
Culinary Uses of Kalonji Seeds:
- Can be added to curries, salads, sauces, soups, and bread to give them a delightful aroma and nutty flavor.
- Roasting them will release their essential oil, after that you can pop them whole in most Indian dishes and curries.
- Its nut-like, peppery taste adds great value to any type of curry or stew, and to dal.
- They work well in Naan, Pita and most soft breads. When they are cooked with them they release a great flavor. Its also found in Armenian String Cheese (yummers)