Rani Kalonji (Black Seed, Nigella Sativa, Black Cumin) Seeds 3oz (85g) PET Jar, All Natural ~ Gluten Free Ingredients | NON-GMO | Vegan | Indian Origin
Kalonji (sometimes spelled Kaloonji or Kalongi),better known as Nigella Seeds (and/or Onion Seeds)....A Little History!
Indigenous to Western Asia, Southern Europe and the Middle East, nigella is most widely cultivated in India. Often refereed to as onion seeds, kalongi is both nutty and slightly bitter in flavor. The whole seeds are used in pulses, vegetables, chutneys and naan breads, often dry roasted before being added to a dish.
Product Type: Whole Seeds, 100% recleaned
Product of India
Have not Cooked with it before? RECIPE:
Tomato Curry Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 4 Heat level: Medium
14oz can tomatoes
1 tsp chopped ginger
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 tsp. Rani Chili Powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Rani Coriander powder
½ tsp Rani Cumin Powder
4 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
½ tsp. Rani Kalongi (onion) seeds
½ tsp. Rani Mustard Seeds
½ tsp. Rani Fenugreek seeds
3 dried red chillies
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3 hard boiled eggs
In a large mixing bowel add tomatoes, ginger, garlic, chili powder, salt coriander, cumin and blend. In sauce pan heat oil and add kalongi, mustard, fenugreek seeds, stir fry for 1 minute. Add tomato mixture to sauté pan and stir fry for about 3 minutes and reduce heat, cover and cook for 7-10min. Stir frequently. Remove from heat. Cut hard boiled eggs into quarters. Add eggs and lemon juice to sauce. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
- You'll LOVE our Kalonji (Nigella) Seeds by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- 100% Natural, No preservatives, Additives or Colors, All Natural, Non-GMO, Gluten Free Ingredients, PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- Packed in a no barrier resealable/reusable Plastic Jar, let us tell you how important that is when handling Indian Spices!
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: Nigella, Kalongi (Hindi)