Rani Green Cardamom Pods Spice (Hari Elachi) 2oz (56gms) ~ Natural | Vegan | Gluten Free Ingredients | NON-GMO
Cardamom is native to the forest of South India, where it grows wild. Second only to the spice saffron in value, cardamom is one of the worlds most expensive spice. Cardamom can enhance both sweet and savory dishes. It has been important in Indian cuisine for thousands of years, being a useful ingredient in sumptuous curries to adding a camphoric flavor to Indian masala chai.Have not Cooked with it before? RECIPE: Savory Rice Pudding
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 4
1 cup Rani Basmati Rice
3 cups milk
4 Rani Green Cardamom Pods
cup chopped almonds
1 pinch saffron (optional)
Soak rice with water for 10 minutes. In a large sauce pan bring 3 cups milk to boil. Drain rice and add to milk. Add sugar, raisins, cardamom, almonds, and saffron. Let rice cook for 20 minutes or until rice is done. Serve cool or warm.Product of India
Product Type: Whole Seeds, 100% recleaned
Alternative Name (Indian) Hari Elachi
Ingredients: Jumbo Green Cardamom
- You'll LOVE our Green Cardamom Pods by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- 100% Natural, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, No preservatives or "fillers" & Great Flavor!
- Packed in a no barrier Plastic Jar, let us tell you how important that is when using high quality Indian Spices!
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: Elachi, Hari Elachi (Hindi)