Rani Garam Masala Indian 11 Spice Blend 5lbs (80 Ounce) 2.27kg, Bulk, PET Jar ~ Salt Free | All Natural | Vegan | Gluten Friendly | NON-GMO | Indian Origin
- You'll LOVE our Garam Masala by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- ❤️️Authentic 11 Spice Blend Garam Masala (unlike many others who use only 6-7 spices to keep costs down). Rani is a family owned USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- ❤️️100% Natural, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- ❤️️Packed in a no barrier Plastic Jar, let us tell you how important that is when using Indian Spices!
- ❤️️Salt Free!~ NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of production) usually sodium or like product. Product of India
It's our flagship product and always has been since the inception of our company in the late 1970s. It's a neat story how this product, and specifically the formula came to existence.
My father, Ramesh Chander, the founder of our company, owned small Indian Grocery in Culver City, CA by the name of Bharat Bazaar. He opened this in 1979, a couple years later the very first Indian Restaurant in Los Angeles opened up shop too, the owner was Mr. Kapoor. He has asked my father to source him Garam Masala, and my father picked one of the major brand off the shelf items and sold it to him. A day later, Mr. Kapoor came back, angry! He told my father this is utter garbage, whomever blended this did not use all 11 spices and furthermore they just blended a ton of coriander (the cheapest spice in this blend) to make it cost effective.
Mr. Kapoor had my father write down the proper blend, and Mr. Kapoor was an ITC trained chef out of India, he knew his stuff! My father blended the items together and he knew right away, this blend will be amazing. Mr. Kapoor agreed. My father took it one step further and began grinding all the spices fresh and began selling them at the shop. It was a hit! So much so that my father began blending all the other spices with Mr. Kapoor. Next in line was Curry Powder, Tikka masala, Tandoori Masala and so on.
And now I get the privilege of sharing these to the world via Amazon. We currently sell in 11 countries and the blends, the quality and mix that goes behind them are appreciated everywhere. It brings a smile to his face and mine, I'm his son, Suneel Chander, 3rd generation spice expert.
Traditionally from Northern Indian, garam masala is a staple spice in Indian cookery. Garam, when translated means warm best describes the properties of the blend. Warming ingredients such as cinnamon, mace and ginger give garam masala a mellow, appealing aroma. It is an essential ingredient when making sauces for meat and poultry dishes, as well as a great companion to vegetables and lentils recipes. Garam masala is often used towards the end of the cooking process as an added seasoning and it is often sprinkled over finished dishes to enhance the flavor.