Rani Edible Gum Whole (Arabica Gum) 3.5oz (100g) ~ All Natural, Salt-Free | Vegan | No Colors | Gluten Free Ingredients | NON-GMO | Indian Origin
[SPECIAL NOTE] This is NOT chewing gum in any form! It is used in cooking, herbal & personal care.
Tragacanth is a natural gum obtained from the dried sap of several species of Middle Eastern legumes of the genus Astragalus, including A. adscendens, A. gummifer, A. brachycalyx, Some of these species are known collectively under the common names "goat's thorn" and "locoweed". The gum is sometimes called Shiraz gum, shiraz, gum elect or gum dragon. The name derives from the Greek words tragos (meaning "goat") and akantha ("thorn"). Iran is the biggest producer of this gum. Gum tragacanth is a viscous, odorless, tasteless, water-soluble mixture of polysaccharides obtained from sap that is drained from the root of the plant and dried.
The gum seeps from the plant in twisted ribbons or flakes that can be powdered. It absorbs water to become a gel, which can be stirred into a paste. The major fractions are known as tragacanthin, highly water soluble as a mucilaginous colloid, and the chemically related bassorin, which is far less soluble but swells in water to form a gel. The gum has been used historically as a herbal remedy for such conditions as cough and diarrhea.
- [SPECIAL NOTE] This is NOT chewing gum in any form! It is used in cooking, herbal & personal care.
- You'll LOVE our Edible Gum Whole (Goonder Tragacanth Gum) by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- 100% Natural, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Free PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Ingredient
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- Product of India, Ingredients: Goonder Tragacanth Gum