Rani Cumin Seeds Whole (Jeera) Spice 16oz (454g) 1lb PET Jar ~ All Natural | Gluten Friendly Ingredients | NON-GMO | Vegan | Indian Origin
Cumin Seeds (Jeera)A Little History!
Native to Upper Egypt, now cultivated throughout India. This spice is used in numerous kitchens around the world. Cumin is a main ingredient in Indian cooking, blends with various spices to make curry powder, garam masalas and other blends. Tasting slightly bitter, sharp and warm, cumin has a very heavy, strong aroma.
Product Type: Whole Cumin Seeds, 100% recleaned
Packaging: Plastic Bottle
Product of India
Have not Cooked with it before?
RECIPE: Aloo Gobi
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 4
Heat level: Medium
3 tbsp. butter
4 tbsp. water
½ tbsp. Rani chili powder
½ tsp. Rani Ajwain seeds
2 tsp. salt
½ tsp. Rani Coriander powder
½ tbsp. Rani Cumin Seeds
½ tbsp. Rani Turmeric powder
1 large potato cut in quarter cubes
1 head of cauliflower broken into florets
1 onion sliced
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves In wok or large fry pan sauté onion, cumin and butter for 3 minutes. Add potato and water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover, add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, and salt. Stir well and add cauliflower. Cover for and additional 7 minutes, while continuing to stir occasionally. Turn heat off and let sit for a few minutes. Uncover and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- You'll LOVE our Cumin Seeds by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- 100% Natural, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, No preservatives or "fillers" & Great Health Benefits
- Product of India (Not Syria which is cheaper), India Cumin has a unique sweet-bitter profile not found in any other. Packed in a no barrier resealable/reusable Plastic Jar, let us tell you how important that is when handling Indian Spices!
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of production) usually sodium or like product. NONE of our spices have any GMOs. Native to South Asian - farmed and cultivated at the source that has been doing for 1000's of years - Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: Jeera (Hindi)