Rani Black Mustard Seeds Whole Spice (Kali Rai) 14oz (400g) ~ All Natural | Gluten Friendly | NON-GMO | Vegan | Indian Origin
- You'll LOVE our Mustard Seed by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- ❤️100% Natural, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly, PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- ❤️Packed in a no barrier Plastic Bag, let us tell you how important that is when using this, potent of all Indian Spices!
- ❤️Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- ❤️Net Wt. 14oz (400g), Authentic Indian Product, Product of India, Alternative Name (Indian) Kali Rai
Product Type: Seed Whole
Packaging: Plastic Bag
Net Wt. 14oz (400g)
Product of India
Alternative Name (Indian) Kali Rai
Mustard seeds also contain calcium, dietary fiber, iron, manganese, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, protein, zinc, and selenium.
- 100% Natural
- Non-ETO (Not irradiated)
- No Preservatives
- Gluten Friendly
You'll LOVE our Black Mustard Seeds by Rani Brand--Here's Why
A little spice history
Although very similar in appearance, Indian brown mustard has a different flavor than its Mediterranean counterpart from which it originated. It was one the few affordable spices in Europe during the Middle Ages. In Indian cuisine, mustard seeds are toasted in oil before they are added to the dish. Powdered mustard acts as an emulsifier in the preparation of condiment, and salad dressings. Mustard has a strong pungent flavor, and unlike any other spice it has virtually no aroma.
- Fried in hot oil until they pop, the seeds release their full intensity, pairing well with cumin, coriander, curry leaf and fennel seeds.
- Pure! NO Salt, NO MSG, NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of production) usually sodium or like product.
Mustard seeds belong to the mustard plant. Mustard plant is a part of cruciferous plant family. This same family of plant includes cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and even cauliflower.
- Often used in dipping sauces & condiments
- Main ingredient in yellow mustard
- Used in many many curries, a key ingredient in curry powder
- Versatile, can be used raw or toasted.