Rani Black Cardamom Pods (Kali Elachi) Whole Indian Spice 1.75oz (50g) PET Jar ~ Natural | Vegan | Gluten Friendly | NON-GMO | Indian Origin
Packaging: Plastic Jar
Net Wt. 1.75oz (50g)
Product of India
Ingredients: Black Cardamom Whole Pods
- You'll LOVE our Black Cardamom by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- ❤️100% Natural, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly, PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- ❤️Commonly used in Indian Biryani, Curry & Vietnamese PHO Tsaoko | Cao Guo | Bach Dan Khau | Badi
- ❤️Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- ❤️Net Wt. 1.75oz (50g), Product of India, Alternate Names: Elachi, Kali Elachi (Hindi), Big Cardamom
Rani Black Cardamom Pods
Smokey | Tsaoko | Cao Guo | Bach Dan Khau | Badi
Native to the Eastern Himalayan regions, Black Cardamom is a large brown pod containing highly aromatic seeds. Unlike green pods this cardamom is rarely used in deserts and sweet dishes. It is a staple spice used in African, Indian and Middle Eastern cooking. It has a unique smoky flavor and is used in Basmati rice and stew type dishes. Black cardamom should be used sparingly due to its intense and rich flavor.
- 100% Natural, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly
- Black cardamom should be used sparingly due to its intense and rich flavor.
- Black cardamom is known for its outstanding aroma
- Commonly used in Indian Biryani, Curry & Vietnamese PHO
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years.
- Black cardamom pods can be used in soups, chowders, casseroles and marinades for a smoky flavor.
- Black cardamom is also used in preparing garam masala, which is commonly used to flavour Indian curries, snacks and rice preparations too.
- The large pods are used in whole form or maybe slightly pounded to flatten it before adding to the dosh to expose the seeds inside.
- Throw in whole cardamom in warm oil to temper the spice and release the aromatic oils from the pod.
- You can also add whole pods for slow cooking stews or in liquid broth to infuse the dish with a delicate smoky aroma.
- It goes well in rice puddings, cakes, ginger fig chutney, payasam etc.