Rani Asafetida (Hing) Ground 21oz (600g) PET Jar ~ All Natural | Salt Free | Vegan | NON-GMO | Kosher | Best for Onion Garlic Substitute
Product Type: Ground Powder Coarse Granules
Packaging: Plastic Bottle
Net Wt. 21oz (1.3lbs) 600g)
Product of India
Ingredients: Asafoetida, Edible Gum & Wheat as a binding agent
Have not Cooked with it before?
RECIPE: Lentil Curry
Cook time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 4
Heat level: Mild
2 cups Rani Toor dal
1 tsp. Rani Turmeric ground
1 tsp. Rani Cumin seeds
1 tsp. Rani Asafetida ground
Salt to taste
Method: Soak Toor dal for 30 min. and drain. Cook the toor dal in 3 cups of hot water until soft. Add the turmeric, cumin seed, asafetida, and salt. Simmer for 5 min.
- You'll LOVE our Asafetida Ground by Rani Brand--Here's Why: 100% Natural, No preservatives & Great Health Benefits…
- 🧄Now KOSHER! Strong Aroma! Asafetida has the strongest aroma of any spice...when cooked the aromas transforms, leaving behind a rich and pleasurable taste of onion and garlic.
- 🧄Packed in a no barrier Plastic Jar, let us tell you how important that is when using this, potent of all Indian Spices! Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- 🧄Net Wt. 21oz (1.3lbs) 600g), Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: Asafoetida, Hing, Heeng (Hindi)
Hing is mostly sold in a powdered form and it widely using in Indian cooking. Hing when uncooked is very pungent but gives a very nice strong flavor to the food once cooked.
Culinary Uses of Asafetida Ground:
- Asafoetida is an essential in Indian cooking and is used in a lot in dals, subzis and sambhars along with other spices like turmeric
- Often used as a Garlic/Onion substitute, also in dal (soups) to offset/help digest beans & lentils.
- It is sometimes used to harmonize sweet, sour, salty, and spicy components in food.
- Asafetida is used as a digestive aid, in food as a condiment, and in pickling.
- Asafoetida can be used in two ways, either cooked in oil or ghee or dissolved in water to flavor sambars and kadhi.
You'll LOVE our Asafetida Ground by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
Asafetida (sometimes spelled Asafoetida)...A Little History!
Native to Southwestern Asia, a little known spice outside of India, Asafetida is the dried resin obtained from the rhizome of the giant fennel plant. Powdered asafetida has a strong odor, reminiscent of picked garlic. In most Indian cooking it is used as a flavor enhancer and once cooked releases an onion-like flavor. It is also known as devil's dung, asant, food of the gods, jowani badian, stinking gum, hing, hengu, ingu, kayam, and ting.
- 100% Natural (No Preservatives), Non-GMO, Vegan, Non-ETO (Not irradiated)
- Asafoetida is considered a digestive in that it reduces flatulence.
- Pure! NO Salt, NO MSG, NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of production) usually sodium or like product.
- Alternate Names: Asafoetida, Hing, Heeng (Hindi)
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years.
- Authentic Indian Product
No onions.. no garlic? This is the spice for you!
No Onions? No Garlic? No problem. Rani Brand premium asafetida has long been used as a substitute for onions and garlic in a wide variety of recipes. Many people who suffer from allergies use this as well. Also, just as onions and garlic have a very pungent smell and taste, our asafetida is no different. , our asafetida is no different. Sniff at your own risk.