Rani Anardana (Pomegranate) Dry Whole Seeds Indian Spice 3.5oz (100g) ~ All Natural | No Color | Gluten Friendly | Vegan | NON-GMO
Packaging: Plastic Bag
Net Wt. 3.5oz (100g)
Product of India
Ingredients: Anardana (Pomegranate) Seeds
- You'll LOVE our Anardana (Pomegranate) Dry Whole Seeds by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- ❤️100% Natural, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly, PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- ❤️Packed in a no barrier Plastic Bag, let us tell you how important that is when using this, potent of all Indian Spices!
- ❤️Rani is a family owned USA based company selling speciality foods for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- ❤️️Net Wt. 3.5oz (100g), Authentic Indian Product, Product of India Alternative Name (Indian) Anardana
You'll LOVE our Anardana Whole by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
Dry Pomegranate Seeds
Anardana comes from the dried seeds of the pomegranate. Native to Southwest Asia, the fruit is both sweet and tangy. In India, the dried seeds are ground down to make a coarse powder used to flavor curries and chutneys. In the Middle East, it is used often to garnish dishes such as hummus, salads and tahini.
- 100% Natural, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly
- Rani is a family owned USA based company selling specialty foods for over 40 years.
- Alternative Name: (Indian) Anardana
- Authentic Indian Product
Anardana is used in Indian and Persian cuisine as a souring agent and it is a sticky spice made from the dried seeds and pulp of wild pomegranates. When ground, it's perfect in chutneys, relishes, and spice rubs for meat and seafood, especially those that would benefit from the crunch of its interior seeds.
Culinary Uses of Anardana:
- Slow air drying makes it more molasses-like than fresh pomegranate, so it adds depth of flavor as well as brightness.
- Anardana can enrich a sauce or braising liquid for as long as you like.
- The sweet/sour taste of the dried pomegranate adds a distinct flavor to the dishes and helps thicken the curry sauce.
- Can replace raisins with dried pomegranates in sweet breads, cookies and muffins.