Rani Kalonji Seeds Whole (Black Seed, Nigella Sativa, Black Cumin) Spice 400 Ounce (25lbs) 11.36kg ~ Bulk Box, Gluten Friendly | NON-GMO | Vegan
Packaging: Bulk Box
Net Wt. 400oz (25lbs) 11.36kg
Product of India
Kalonji (sometimes spelled Kaloonji or Kalongi),better known as Nigella Seeds (and/or Onion Seeds)... A Little History!
Indigenous to Western Asia, Southern Europe and the Middle East, nigella is most widely cultivated in India. Often refereed to as onion seeds, kalongi is both nutty and slightly bitter in flavor. The whole seeds are used in pulses, vegetables, chutneys and naan breads, often dry roasted before being added to a dish.
Have not Cooked with it before? RECIPE:
Tomato Curry Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 4 Heat level: Medium
14oz can tomatoes
1 tsp chopped ginger
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 tsp. Rani Chili Powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Rani Coriander powder
½ tsp Rani Cumin Powder
4 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
½ tsp. Rani Kalongi (onion) seeds
½ tsp. Rani Mustard Seeds
½ tsp. Rani Fenugreek seeds
3 dried red chillies
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3 hard boiled eggs
In a large mixing bowel add tomatoes, ginger, garlic, chili powder, salt coriander, cumin and blend. In sauce pan heat oil and add kalongi, mustard, fenugreek seeds, stir fry for 1 minute. Add tomato mixture to sauté pan and stir fry for about 3 minutes and reduce heat, cover and cook for 7-10min. Stir frequently. Remove from heat. Cut hard boiled eggs into quarters. Add eggs and lemon juice to sauce. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Thymoquinone – an active ingredient in nigella seeds. Researchers have been investigating thymoquinone since the 1960s, and it is known for its powerful antioxidant, anticancer, and anti-inflammatory properties.
More? Its also loaded with trace elements, vitamins, crystalline nigellone, amino acids, saponin, crude fiber, proteins and fatty acids like linolenic and oleic acids, volatile oils, alkaloids, iron, sodium, potassium and calcium.
- Promotes Lower Cholesterol Levels
- May aid in weight loss
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Promotes healthy blood sugar levels
- Promotes healthy blood pressure
- Natural anti-oxidant & anti-inflammatory
- May boost immunity
You'll LOVE our Kalonji Seeds by Rani Brand--Here's Why
Black Seed, Nigella Sativa, Black Cumin (many aliases)
Indigenous to Western Asia, Southern Europe and the Middle East, Nigella is one of the oldest spices known to be used, found in Tutankhamun’s tomb and are mentioned in the Bible’s Old Testament. Modern day, often referred to as onion seeds, nigella tastes both nutty and slightly bitter in flavor. The whole seeds are used in pulses, vegetables, chutneys and naan breads, often dry roasted before being added to a dish. Also revered for its natural medicinal / ayurvedic properties.
- 100% Natural, Non-GMO.
- Non-ETO (Not irradiated)
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Free PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- Authentic Indian Product (Product of India) Alternate Names: Black Seed, Nigella Sativa, Black Cumin, Kaloonji, Kalongi
- Used both as a spice & ayurvedic properites
- Pure! NO Salt, NO MSG, NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of production) usually sodium or like product.