Rani Green Cardamom Pods Spice (Hari Elachi) 1.4oz (40g) ~ Natural | Vegan | Gluten Friendly | NON-GMO
Cardamom is native to the forest of South India, where it grows wild. Second only to the spice saffron in value, cardamom is one of the world's most expensive spice. Cardamom can enhance both sweet and savory dishes. It has been important in Indian cuisine for thousands of years, being a useful ingredient in sumptuous curries to adding a camphoric flavor to Indian masala chai.
- You'll LOVE our Green Cardamom Pods by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- ❤️️Packed in the USA, 100% Natural, Non-GMO, Gluten Friendly, No preservatives or "fillers" & Great Flavor!
- ❤️️Packed in a no barrier Plastic Bag, let us tell you how important that is when using high quality Indian Spices!
- ❤️️Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- ❤️️Net Wt. 1.4oz (40gms), Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: ⭐Elachi, ⭐Hari Elachi (Hindi)
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 4
1 cup Rani Basmati Rice
3 cups milk
4 Rani Green Cardamom Pods
cup chopped almonds
1 pinch saffron (optional)
Soak rice with water for 10 minutes. In a large sauce pan bring 3 cups milk to boil. Drain rice and add to milk. Add sugar, raisins, cardamom, almonds, and saffron. Let rice cook for 20 minutes or until rice is done. Serve cool or warm.
Product Type: Whole Seeds, 100% recleaned
Packaging: Plastic Bag
Net Wt. 1.4oz (40g)
Product of India
Alternative Name (Indian) Hari Elachi
Ingredients: Jumbo Green Cardamom
In most recipes, just a few pods are required. Its typically used to infuse flavor into the dish its going into rather being consumed whole.
How to Make it:
- Step 1 : Simmer cardamom pods and milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 2: Heat 2/3 cup water almost to boiling. Put ground coffee in a drip cone set on a large mug. Pour water over grounds.
- Step 3: Strain milk into coffee. Stir in sugar if you like.
How do I use Green Cardamom? Our favorite recipe is Cardamom Milk Coffee
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee & Sugar (If desired)
- 1-2 Rani cardamom pod, crush a bit to release flavor