Rani Desi Masoor (Masur) Whole 32oz (2lbs) 907g (aka. Pardina Spanish) ~ All Natural | Vegan | Gluten Friendly | Product of USA
Packaging: Poly Bag
Net Wt. 32oz (907g) 2lbs
Product of India
Many varieties of Lentils are used throughout India. From simple soups to elaborate dishes, lentils hold a prominent place in every Indian kitchen. Rani offers a full range of traditional lentils with easy to follow recipes printed on most packages.
- You'll LOVE our Desi Masoor Whole by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- 🥘100% Natural, Gluten Friendly, No preservatives or "fillers" & Great Health Benefits
- 🥘Great source of natural protein, ideal for vegetarians & vegans.
- 🥘Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- 🥘Net Wt. 32oz (2lbs) 907g, Alternate Names: Pardina Spanish Crimson / American Brown Lentils Whole / Masur Masoor Sabut Whole
Method (Cooking Instructions)
Soak dal for one hour. Drain and put in pot with water, salt and chili powder. Cook 20 minutes or until dal is soft. In a separate pan, heat oil and add garlic. Cook till light brown. Add cumin seeds. Cook two minutes. Add chili and turmeric. Cook 3 minutes. Add dal and stir. Add garam masala and let cook for 5 minutes. Serve hot with Rani Basmati Rice
Rani Masoor Dal (Spiced Red Lentils), Serves 6, Heat Level: Mild
Preparation Time: 1hr., 15min. / Cook Time: 30 min.
1 cup Rani Masoor Dal
3 cups water
4 tbls vegetable oil
1 green chili, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp. Rani Chili Powder
½ tsp. Rani Turmeric Ground
1 tsp. Rani Garam Masala
¾ tsp Rani Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste