Rani Black Salt (Kala Namak) Powder, Vegan 2lb (32oz) Bulk, Unrefined, Pure and Natural | Gluten Free Ingredients | NON-GMO | Indian Origin
Black Salt (Kalal Namak)....A Little History!
Black salt, also known as Kala Namak or Sanchal, comes from a type of salt mineral found in India. The crystal like rock salt has a deep purple color reminiscent of amethyst, but when ground into powder form, changes from purple to pale lavender. Because of black salts distinctive aroma and taste, it is used widely in Indian snack goods. It is also one of the main ingredients in a very popular tangy dish called chaat. The unique sourness of the salt goes well sprinkled over fresh cut fruits and is a must for many pickles and chutneys. Black salt is also characterized by its strong sulfuric aroma and is believed to aid in keeping a healthy digestive system.
Product Type: Black Salt
Product of India
- You'll LOVE our Black Salt by Rani Brand--Here's Why: Great for Vegan Tofu Scrambles - Natural Egg Like Taste
- Black Himalayan Salt (Vegan) has been used for centuries both for its unique flavor & digestive properties
- This Himalayan rock salt has a high sulfur content, which gives it it's flavor and smell. It is commonly used in vegan dishes to replicate an egg flavor.
- Vegan, Gluten Friendly, NON-GMO 100% Natural, Irradiated, No preservatives or "fillers" & Great Flavor!
- Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: Kala Namak