Rani Black Cardamom Pods (Kali Elachi) Whole Indian Spice 11oz (312g) PET Jar ~ Natural | Vegan | Gluten Free Ingredients | NON-GMO | Indian Origin ~ Smokey | Tsaoko | Cao Guo | Bach Dan Khau | Badi
- You'll LOVE our Black Cardamom by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- ❤️100% Natural, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly, PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- ❤️Commonly used in Indian Biryani, Curry & Vietnamese PHO Tsaoko | Cao Guo | Bach Dan Khau | Badi
- ❤️Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- ❤️Net Wt. 1.75oz (50g) Product of India, Alternate Names: Elachi, Kali Elachi (Hindi), Big Cardamom
Commonly used in Indian Biryani, Curry & Vietnamese PHO
- 100% Natural,
- No preservatives
- Gluten Friendly
Rani Black Cardamom (Kali Elachi)
Large brown pod, that contains highly aromatic seeds.
Native to the Eastern Himalayan regions, Black Cardamom is a large brown pod containing highly aromatic seeds. Unlike green pods this cardamom is rarely used in deserts and sweet dishes. It is a staple spice used in African, Indian and Middle Eastern cooking. It has a unique smoky flavor and is used in Basmati rice and stew type dishes. Black cardamom should be used sparingly due to its intense and rich flavor.
- Black cardamom should be used sparingly due to its intense and rich flavor.
- Black cardamom is known for its outstanding aroma
Soak rice in water for 10 minutes. Heat oil in heavy sauce pan and add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, black cardamom. Stir in rice, salt and biryani masala. Sauté for a minute and add water. Bring to boil. Cover tightly and reduce heat to low. Cook for 25 minutes.
Rani Biryani (Rice Pilaf) Serving 6
Prep-time: 10 min. / Cooking time: 25 min. / Heat level: Medium
2 ¾ cup water
2 cups Rani Basmati Rice
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 Rani Clove Whole
1 bay leaf
2 Rani Black Cardamom Pods
1 Rani Cinnamon Whole
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Rani Biryani Masala