Rani Barnyard Millet (Echinochloa Esculenta Frumantacea) Whole Ancient Grain Seeds 14oz (400g) ~ All Natural | Gluten Free Ingredients | NON-GMO | Vegan | Indian Origin | Shama / Sanwa
Special Note: These are Polished seeds, we are not allowed to import unpolished legally into the USA.
Barnyard Millet (Echinochloa Esculenta Frumantacea) Whole Ancient Grain Seeds is a common food in parts of India. The Barnyard millet (Echinochloa frumantacea) is a wild seed and not a grain, mainly grown in the hilly areas of Uttaranchal, India. The barnyard millet is the fastest growing crop, which can produce ripe grains within 45 days from the sowing time under optimal weather conditions.
The millets have a hard cellulosic husk layer that humans cannot digest. The removal of the husk layer becomes the primary task of processing these grains. Once removed, the respective millets' rice is attained. Small seeds of barnyard millet are processed on groats which are then used for preparation of different types of porridges.
These seeds are very good and have many health benefits such as promoting a healthy weight, promotes good blood pressure. High in protein and fiber content, cooks very similar to rice, these ancient grains are truly super foods!
Bengali: shyama / Shama
- You'll LOVE our Barnyard Millet (Echinochloa Esculenta Frumantacea) Whole Grain Seed by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- Promotes Health, Super Food, Ancient Grains, Gluten Free Ingredients, NON-GMO 100% Natural, No preservatives or "fillers" & Great Flavor!
- Special Note: These are Polished seeds, we are not allowed to import unpolished legally into the USA.
- The other names of barnyard millet are shyama in Bengali, moraiyo in Gujarati, sanwa in Hindi, oodalu in Kannada, kuthiraivolly in Tamil and udalu in Telugu, whole grains, has health benefits.
- High in protein and fiber content, cooks very similar to rice. Rani is a USA based company selling Indian Foods for over 30 years, buy with confidence!