Rani Asafetida (Hing) Ground with Fenugreek and Turmeric 3.5oz (100g) ~ Gluten Friendly | Natural | Salt Free | Vegan | NON-GMO | Asafoetida Indian Spice | Best for Onion Garlic Substitute
Asafetida (sometimes spelled Asafoetida)...A Little History!
Native to Southwestern Asia. A little known spice outside of India, asafetida is the dried resin obtained from the rhizome of the giant fennel plant. Powdered asafetida has a strong odor, reminiscent of picked garlic. In most Indian cooking it is used as a flavor enhancer and once cooked releases an onion-like flavor.
Product Type: Ground Powder Coarse Granules
Packaging: Plastic Bottle
Net Wt. 3.5oz (100gms)
Product of India
Buy from Rani's World Foods and recieve a higher potency improved formula!
Have not Cooked with it before? RECIPE:
Lentil curry Cook time: 45 minutes Prep time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 4 Heat level: Mild
2 cups Rani Toor dal
1 tsp. Rani Turmeric ground
1 tsp. Rani Cumin seeds
1 tsp. Rani Asafetida ground
Salt to taste
Method: Soak Toor dal for 30 min. and drain. Cook the toor dal in 3 cups of hot water until soft. Add the turmeric, cumin seed, asafetida, and salt. Simmer for 5 min.
- You'll LOVE our Asafetida Ground with Fenugreek and Turmeric by Rani Brand--Here's Why: 100% Natural, No preservatives & Great Health Benefits... often used as a Garlic/Onion substitute, also in dal (soups) to offset/help digest beans & lentils
- Our NEW ASAFETIDA WITH FENUGREEK AND TURMERIC has the strongest aroma of any spice...when cooked the aromas transforms, leaving behind a rich and pleasurable taste of onion and garlic.
- Packed in a no barrier Plastic Jar, let us tell you how important that is when using this, potent of all Indian Spices!, This spice is featured by Dr. Oz for a slew of great holistic benefits! http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/ayurvedic-secrets-weight-loss, Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- Net Wt. 3.5oz (100g) Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: Asafoetida, Hing, Heeng (Hindi)
Strong Aroma? YES! Asafetida typically works as a flavour enhancer and, used along with turmeric, is a standard component of Indian cuisine, particularly in lentil curries such as dal, sambar as well as in numerous vegetable dishes.
- Gluten Friendly
- 100% Natural (No Preservatives)
- Non-ETO (Not irradiated)
- Made in small batches for freshness & purity!
- Authentic Indian Product
Rani Asafetida Ground with Fenugreek and Turmeric
You'll LOVE our Asafetida Ground with Fenugreek and Turmeric by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
In Indian cuisine, hing powder is often paired with other spices like turmeric or fenugreek. When ground into a powder, hing can be a good addition to your spice cabinet as it is used as a flavor enhancer and once cooked, releases an onion-like flavor. Just a small pinch can add a savory, umami quality to dishes, such as curries, lentil dal, soups, and stews. It is also known as devil's dung, asant, food of the gods, jowani badian, stinking gum, hing, hengu, ingu, kayam, and ting.
- Our Asafetida Health Blend is pared with Fenugreek and Turmeric which make it a healthy spice!
- Pure! NO Salt, NO MSG, NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of production) usually sodium or like product.
- Alternate Names: Asafoetida, Hing, Heeng (Hindi)
No onions.. no garlic? This is the spice for you!
No Onions? No Garlic? No problem. Rani Brand premium asafetida has long been used as a substitute for onions and garlic in a wide variety of recipes. Many people who suffer from allergies use this as well. Also, just as onions and garlic have a very pungent smell and taste, our asafetida is no different. , our asafetida is no different. Sniff at your own risk.