Rani Asafetida (Hing) Ground Health Blend w/ Fenugreek and Turmeric 3.5oz (100g) ~ Gluten Friendly | Natural | Salt Free | Vegan | NON-GMO
Product Type: Ground Powder
Packaging: Plastic Bottle
Net Wt. 3.5oz (100g)
Product of India
Ingredients: Asafetida, Fenugreek, Edible Gum, Turmeric
Have not Cooked with it before?
RECIPE: Lentil Curry
Cook time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 4
Heat level: Mild
2 cups Rani Toor dal
1 tsp. Rani Turmeric ground
1 tsp. Rani Cumin seeds
1 tsp. Rani Asafetida ground
Salt to taste
Method: Soak Toor dal for 30 min. and drain. Cook the toor dal in 3 cups of hot water until soft. Add the turmeric, cumin seed, asafetida, and salt. Simmer for 5 min.
- You'll LOVE our Asafetida Ground with Fenugreek and Turmeric by Rani Brand--Here's Why: 100% Natural, No preservatives & Great Health Benefits... often used as a Garlic/Onion substitute, also in dal (soups) to offset/help digest beans & lentils
- 🧄Our NEW ASAFETIDA WITH FENUGREEK AND TURMERIC has the strongest aroma of any spice...when cooked the aromas transforms, leaving behind a rich and pleasurable taste of onion and garlic.
- 🧄Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- 🧄Net Wt. 3.5oz (100g) Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: Asafoetida, Hing, Heeng (Hindi)
Hing is mostly sold in a powdered form and it widely using in Indian cooking. Hing when uncooked is very pungent but gives a very nice strong flavor to the food once cooked.
Culinary Uses of Asafetida Ground:
- Asafoetida is an essential in Indian cooking and is used in a lot in dals, subzis and sambhars along with other spices like turmeric
- Often used as a Garlic/Onion substitute, also in dal (soups) to offset/help digest beans & lentils.
- It is sometimes used to harmonize sweet, sour, salty, and spicy components in food.
- Asafetida is used as a digestive aid, in food as a condiment, and in pickling.
- Asafoetida can be used in two ways, either cooked in oil or ghee or dissolved in water to flavor sambars and kadhi.
You'll LOVE our Asafetida Ground Health Blend by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
Gluten Friendly with Fenugreek and Turmeric
Our Asafetida HEALTH BLEND is made of Asafetida, Fenugreek, Edible Gum, Turmeric. Powdered asafetida has a strong odor, reminiscent of picked garlic. In most Indian cooking it is used as a flavor enhancer and once cooked releases an onion-like flavor. It is also known as devil's dung, asant, food of the gods, jowani badian, stinking gum, hing, hengu, ingu, kayam, and ting.
- 100% Natural (No Preservatives), Non-GMO, Vegan, Non-ETO (Not irradiated)
- Our Asafetida Health Blend is pared with Fenugreek and Turmeric which make it a healthy spice!
- Asafoetida is considered a digestive in that it reduces flatulence.
- Pure! NO Salt, NO MSG, NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of production) usually sodium or like product.
- Alternate Names: Asafoetida, Hing, Heeng (Hindi)
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years.
- Authentic Indian Product
No onions.. no garlic? This is the spice for you!
No Onions? No Garlic? No problem. Rani Brand premium asafetida has long been used as a substitute for onions and garlic in a wide variety of recipes. Many people who suffer from allergies use this as well. Also, just as onions and garlic have a very pungent smell and taste, our asafetida is no different. , our asafetida is no different. Sniff at your own risk.