Rani Asafetida (Hing) Ground Health Blend w/ Fenugreek and Turmeric 3.5oz (100g) ~ Gluten Friendly | Natural | Salt Free | Vegan | NON-GMO | Asafoetida Indian Spice | Best for Onion Garlic Substitute
Asafetida (sometimes spelled Asafoetida)...A Little History!
Native to Southwestern Asia. A little known spice outside of India, asafetida is the dried resin obtained from the rhizome of the giant fennel plant. Powdered asafetida has a strong odor, reminiscent of picked garlic. In most Indian cooking it is used as a flavor enhancer and once cooked releases an onion-like flavor.
Product Type: Ground Powder Coarse Granules
Packaging: Plastic Bottle
Net Wt. 3.5oz (100gms)
Product of India
Buy from Rani's World Foods and recieve a higher potency improved formula!
Have not Cooked with it before? RECIPE:
Lentil curry Cook time: 45 minutes Prep time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 4 Heat level: Mild
2 cups Rani Toor dal
1 tsp. Rani Turmeric ground
1 tsp. Rani Cumin seeds
1 tsp. Rani Asafetida ground
Salt to taste
Method: Soak Toor dal for 30 min. and drain. Cook the toor dal in 3 cups of hot water until soft. Add the turmeric, cumin seed, asafetida, and salt. Simmer for 5 min.
- You'll LOVE our Asafetida Ground with Fenugreek and Turmeric by Rani Brand--Here's Why: 100% Natural, No preservatives & Great Health Benefits... often used as a Garlic/Onion substitute, also in dal (soups) to offset/help digest beans & lentils
- Our NEW ASAFETIDA WITH FENUGREEK AND TURMERIC has the strongest aroma of any spice...when cooked the aromas transforms, leaving behind a rich and pleasurable taste of onion and garlic.
- Packed in a no barrier Plastic Jar, let us tell you how important that is when using this, potent of all Indian Spices!, This spice is featured by Dr. Oz for a slew of great holistic benefits! http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/ayurvedic-secrets-weight-loss, Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- Net Wt. 3.5oz (100g) Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: Asafoetida, Hing, Heeng (Hindi)
Strong Aroma? YES! Asafetida typically works as a flavour enhancer and, used along with turmeric, is a standard component of Indian cuisine, particularly in lentil curries such as dal, sambar as well as in numerous vegetable dishes.
- Gluten Friendly
- 100% Natural (No Preservatives)
- Non-ETO (Not irradiated)
- Made in small batches for freshness & purity!
- Authentic Indian Product
Rani Asafetida Ground Health Blend
Gluten Friendly with Fenugreek and Turmeric)
Our Asafetida HEALTH BLEND is made of Asafetida, Fenugreek, Edible Gum, Turmeric. Powdered asafetida has a strong odor, reminiscent of picked garlic. In most Indian cooking it is used as a flavor enhancer and once cooked releases an onion-like flavor. It is also known as devil's dung, asant, food of the gods, jowani badian, stinking gum, hing, hengu, ingu, kayam, and ting.
- Our Asafetida Health Blend is pared with Fenugreek and Turmeric which make it a healthy spice!
- Pure! NO Salt, NO MSG, NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of production) usually sodium or like product.
- Alternate Names: Asafoetida, Hing, Heeng (Hindi)
No onions.. no garlic? This is the spice for you!
No Onions? No Garlic? No problem. Rani Brand premium asafetida has long been used as a substitute for onions and garlic in a wide variety of recipes. Many people who suffer from allergies use this as well. Also, just as onions and garlic have a very pungent smell and taste, our asafetida is no different. , our asafetida is no different. Sniff at your own risk.