Rani Asafetida (Hing) Ground 3lbs (1.36kg Value Pack) Bulk ~ All Natural | Salt Free | Vegan | NON-GMO | Asafoetida Indian Spice | Best for Onion Garlic Substitute
Asafetida (sometimes spelled Asafoetida)....A Little History!
Native to Southwestern Asia. A little known spice outside of India, asafetida is the dried resin obtained from the rhizome of the giant fennel plant. Powdered asafetida has a strong odor, reminiscent of picked garlic. In most Indian cooking it is used as a flavor enhancer and once cooked releases an onion-like flavor.
Product Type: Ground Powder Coarse Granules
Packaging: Plastic Bottle
- You'll LOVE our NEW GLUTEN FREE Asafetida by Rani Brand--Here's Why: 100% Natural, No preservatives & Great Health Benefits... often used as a Garlic/Onion substitute, also in dal (soups) to offset/help digest beans & lentils
- Packed in a no barrier Plastic Jar, let us tell you how important that is when using this, potent of all Indian Spices!
- Strong Aroma! Asafetida has the strongest aroma of any spice...when cooked the aromas transforms, leaving behind a rich and pleasurable taste of onion and garlic.
- This spice is featured by Dr. Oz for a slew of great holistic benefits! http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/ayurvedic-secrets-weight-loss Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: Asafoetida, Hing, Heeng (Hindi)