Rani Ajwain Seeds (Carom Bishops Weed) Spice Whole 400oz (25lbs) 11.36kg Bulk Box ~ All Natural | Vegan | Gluten Friendly | Kosher | NON-GMO
Packaging: Bulk Box
Net Wt. 400oz (25lbs) 11.36kg
Product of India
- You'll LOVE our Ajwain (Carom Bishops Weed) Seeds by Rani Brand®--Here's Why:
- ❤️100% Natural, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly, PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- ❤️Now KOSHER! Packed in a no barrier Bulk Carton Box, let us tell you how important that is when using this, potent of all Indian Spices!
- ❤️Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence!
- ❤️Net Wt. 400oz (25lbs) 11.36kg, Authentic Indian Product, Product of India Alternative Name: (Indian) Ajwain Seeds
- 100% Natural (No Preservatives), Vegan, Gluten Friendly, and Non-GMO
- Pure! NO Salt, NO MSG, NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of production) usually sodium or like product.
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years.
- Alternative Names: Carom Seeds, Bishops Weed, Ajwon
Rani Ajwain (Carom Bishops Weed) Seeds
A Little History!
The seed are native to Southern India and is closely related to cumin and caraway, though all three spices differ in taste. It has been used since ancient times for its culinary, aromatic and medicinal properties. The spice is widely used in Indian breads, pickles and soups. It has a hot, bitter taste, strong at times, though not dominating.
Culinary Uses of Ajwain Seeds:
- Carom seeds are the popular choice of seeds added to the dough and batter of various street food items and snacks, the most common one of which is Samosa.
- It is used as part of the tadka for many dishes, especially dals and subzis like Mooli ki Subzi and Rangoon na vaal
- It gives a very different taste when added to marinades.
- Add a little ajwain when preparing the dough for paratha and rotis as it imparts a wonderful, penetrating aroma when the paratha roasts on the Tava.
- Ajwain is a popular choice to add to the doughs of snacks like papdis and mathri.