Rani Masoor Dal (Indian Red Lentils) Split Gram 8lb (128oz) Bulk ~ All Natural | Gluten Friendly Ingredients | NON-GMO | Vegan | Indian Origin…
Many varieties of Lentils are used throughout India. From simple soups to elaborate dishes, lentils hold a prominent place in every Indian kitchen. Rani offers a full range of traditional lentils with easy to follow recipes printed on most packages.
- You'll LOVE our Masoor Dal by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- 100% Natural, No preservatives or "fillers" & Great Health Benefits
- Great source of natural protein, ideal for vegetarians & vegans.
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
- Net Wt. 8lbs (128oz), Alternate Names: Split Lentils
Method (Cooking Instructions)
Soak dal for one hour. Drain and put in pot with water, salt and chili powder. Cook 20 minutes or until dal is soft. In a separate pan, heat oil and add garlic. Cook till light brown. Add cumin seeds. Cook two minutes. Add chili and turmeric. Cook 3 minutes. Add dal and stir. Add garam masala and let cook for 5 minutes. Serve hot with Rani Basmati Rice
Rani Masoor Dal (Spiced Red Lentils), Serves 6, Heat Level: Mild
Preparation Time: 1hr., 15min. / Cook Time: 30 min.
1 cup Rani Masoor Dal
3 cups water
4 tbls vegetable oil
1 green chili, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp. Rani Chili Powder
½ tsp. Rani Turmeric Ground
1 tsp. Rani Garam Masala
¾ tsp Rani Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste