Rani Desi Masoor (Masur) Whole 2lbs (32oz) (aka. Pardina Spanish / American Brown Lentils Whole) ~ All Natural | Vegan | Gluten Friendly | Product of USA
Rani Brand Desi Masoor Whole are beautiful brown lentils are the most common type of lentils. They have a mild, creamy flavor similar to kidney beans. Our nutritious range of Crimson Masur Lentils is naturally cultivated in the great state of Washington in the USA. Harvested naturally and free of any irradiation process.
Benefits:Loaded with essential Proteins, Fiber, and Iron Good sources of Potassium, Dietary fiber, and Folate , Vegan Friendly, Rich in Mineral, Cholesterol free
- You'll LOVE our Desi Masoor Whole by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- 100% Natural, Gluten Friendly, No preservatives or "fillers" & Great Health Benefits
- Alternate Names: Pardina Spanish Crimson / American Brown Lentils Whole / Masur Masoor Sabut Whole
- Great source of natural protein, ideal for vegetarians & vegans.
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 30 years, buy with confidence!
Method (Cooking Instructions)
Soak dal for one hour. Drain and put in pot with water, salt and chili powder. Cook 20 minutes or until dal is soft. In a separate pan, heat oil and add garlic. Cook till light brown. Add cumin seeds. Cook two minutes. Add chili and turmeric. Cook 3 minutes. Add dal and stir. Add garam masala and let cook for 5 minutes. Serve hot with Rani Basmati Rice
Rani Masoor Dal (Spiced Red Lentils), Serves 6, Heat Level: Mild
Preparation Time: 1hr., 15min. / Cook Time: 30 min.
1 cup Rani Masoor Dal
3 cups water
4 tbls vegetable oil
1 green chili, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp. Rani Chili Powder
½ tsp. Rani Turmeric Ground
1 tsp. Rani Garam Masala
¾ tsp Rani Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste