Rani Cumin Powder Spice (Jeera) 80oz (5lbs) 2.27kg Bulk PET Jar ~ All Natural, Salt-Free | Vegan | No Colors | Gluten Friendly | NON-GMO
Packaging: Plastic Jar
Net Wt.: 80oz (5lbs) 2.27kg
Product of India
Ingredients: Ground Cumin Seeds (Indian)
- You'll LOVE our Cumin by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
- ❤️100% Natural, Non-GMO, No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Friendly, PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- ❤️Packed in a no barrier Plastic Jar, let us tell you how important that is when using Indian Spices!
- ❤️Comes from Indian Origin, known for its bitter-sweet cumin properties.
- ❤️Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years, buy with confidence! Net Wt. 80oz (5lbs) 2.27kg, Authentic Indian Product, Alternate Names: Jeera (Hindi)
The oblong, brown-coloured cumin seed is one of the most popular spices in the world, thanks to its distinctive aroma, and warmly bitter flavour. It can be used raw, but is generally roasted to enhance the flavour and aroma, and sometimes also powdered before use.
- 100% Natural, Vegan, Gluten Friendly, Non-GMO and No Preservatives.
- Pure! NO Salt, NO MSG, NO FILLERS in any Rani Brand Spices (fillers are commonly used in spices to make them free flowing or lessen the costs of production) usually sodium or like product.
- Rani is a USA based company selling spices for over 40 years.
- Authentic Indian Product
You'll LOVE our Cumin (Jeera) Powder by Rani Brand--Here's Why:
Alternate Names: Jeera (Hindi)
Cumin seeds are native to Upper Egypt, now cultivated throughout India. This spice is used in numerous kitchens around the world. Cumin seed is a man ingredient in Indian cooking, blends with various spices to make curry powder, garam masalas and other blends. Tasting slightly bitter, sharp and warm, cumin has a very heavy, strong aroma.
This ancient spice is popular in the cuisines of India, Mexico, North Africa, Western China and the Middle East.
Culinary Uses of Cumin Powder:
- Cumin powder is widely used in preparing curry powders.
- In whole or ground form, cumin is a preferred seasoning as it brings out the natural flavour of foods.
- Whole cumin can be toasted or fried before use to enhance the flavour.
- Used to make chhaas (buttermilk), kadhi, salads and subzis.
- Cumin is commonly used to temper many other legume and tandoori preparations, to enhance the flavour and aroma.
- The flavor of refreshing beverages like lemony jaljeera, minty jaljeera are enhanced with the addition of cumin seeds powder.
In wok or large fry pan sauté onion, cumin seed and butter for 3 minutes. Add potato and water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover, add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, and salt. Stir well and add cauliflower. Cover for and additional 7 minutes, while continuing to stir occasionally. Turn heat off and let sit for a few minutes. Uncover and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Rani Aloo Gobi (Potato-Cauliflower) Curry. Serves 4 / Medium Heat Level
Cook time:15 min. / Prep. time: 10 min.
3 tbsp. butter
4 tbsp. water
2 tsp. salt
½ tbsp. Rani Coriander powder / ½ tbsp. Rani Cumin seeds
½ tbsp. Rani chili powder / ½ tsp. Rani Ajwain seeds
½ tbsp. Rani Turmeric powder
1 large potato cut in 1’ cubes
1 head of cauliflower broken into florets
1 onion sliced
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves